1. Check if your NIR-Device Data Format is directly supported (anyway you can convert to JCAMP) : NIR-Predictor supported Spectral Data File Formats
2. Download the free NIR-Predictor Software that contains demo data so you can play with it to see if it is the way you want analyse your NIR spectra (no registration needed) : NIR-Predictor Download
3. With your “NIR device” measurement software:
- measure samples with NIR, that gets you spectra files,
- label them with a proper sample name, so you know which is which,
- and determine quantitative reference values by Laboratory reference method.
- at least 60 samples with different contents is needed for a minimal calibration.
- NIR-Predictor helps to create a template file (.csv) to enter the Lab values.
4. Creating your own Calibrations with NIR-Predictor to combine your NIR and Lab data for a calibration request : Creating your own Calibrations